Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stand up Little E

Little E spends a lot of time on the floor. He cannot hold his body up and he desperately wants to interact with the world.
I remembered from my work that there is a place where they fix old rehab equipment called Friends of Disabled Children and Adults. I called and asked if I could get a stander, a walker, and an adapted bike.
These folks are not only providing an incredible service, but the warmth in which they provided me with support was another overwhelming emotional moment for me.
They called me to pick up a stander and waitlisted me for the rest of the stuff.

I loaded up the stander in my truck with the help of two charming gentleman, one in a chair himself.

















Maria and I hoisted Little E into the stander and placed a desk with toys on top in front of him. Sheer delight and time for play. We could not stay long enough. He loved it. Thanks to Bea and Molly for keeping the little one busy so we could work with E.


Adding her own form of stimulation, winding up the children into a frenzy that only Bea could create!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The sheer joy on that boy's face is delightful! What a blessing you all have become to this family, especially Little E.

    ReplyDelete